Church Leader Training
Each winter the NoVa District holds virtual training sessions designed to help newly elected church committee members acclimate to their new role and meet others serving in similar ways in other churches.
These sessions are designed for those new to the role but ANYONE serving on that particular committee is welcome to attend.
Registration is REQUIRED. Please use the buttons below to register.
These sessions will be recorded, but it is our experience that those recordings are rarely if ever accessed. We encourage you to participate in the training on the scheduled night, OR to be sure that someone from your team does so. All sessions will be on Zoom from 7-9 p.m.
Once the sessions have been held and videos have been created the buttons will take you to those videos and slide decks.
December 6, 2023
- The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church 2016 (free PDF version on Cokesbury.com)
- Discipleship Ministries UMC (search: trustees)
- Gen Council on Fin & Admin – resources for legal info & risk management (insurance) –
- Guidelines for Leading Your Congregation by Gen Board of Discipleship
- InfoServ – provides current info about UM resources, programs and staff services
Please note- this video is from our 2022 Training Week. 2023 was not recorded.
November 30, 2023
Guidelines: Pastor Parish Relations Note: Much of the content of this presentation comes from this resource
NoVa District Training DaySaturday, January 20, 2024
NoVa District Training Day was Saturday, January 20. It was a joy to be back in person together and was awesome to connect virtually with so many. We learned A LOT and are excited to continue to improve this event. Missed Training Day? That's OK- our workshops are available until July 20, 2024 with a virtual ticket. Grab one today!